In modern age Higher education has become necessity rather than choice. Technical advancement has changed the job market completely, Choosing the right course for the career is the most crucial decision to make and can be troublesome if not guided properly. In the current scenario with so many available options for courses and tough competition, it is very hard and confusing to decide for both students and parents. With so many influential people around, we often get swayed or simply do what is told by our parents.
But it is very important to know and analysis your interests as well as options available in that field. Let us have a look at the popular courses in India to understand your career option in a better way.
In general, there are two types of job profile available at any institution;
In India, you need to earn degrees in the engineering field that are regulated by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) like B.E (Bachelor of Engineering) and B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology). After these bachelor degrees, you can further pursue M.E (Master of Engineering), M.Tech (Master of Technology) or M.S (Master of Science).
- Candidate should pass the 12th examination with minimum aggregate of 60% marks for PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) and PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
- Need to clear any engineering entrance exams i.e. JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, VITEEE, COMEDK-UGET, KCET, KEAM, IPUCET, NATA, WBJEE, MHTCET, AP EAMCET, UPSEE, etc.
- Should not exceed 23 years on the date of examination.
To have in depth knowledge of Computer and Information Technology, BCA (Bachelor in Computer Application) is one of the popular course in IT field. In 3 years of course duration, you will study about a database, networking, data structure, core programming languages like C++ and Java to become Software Developer/Engineer/Programmer. You can also go for Master degree in Computer Applications after BCA that is equivalent to Engineering Course B.Tech.
- Minimum 50% marks including English in 12th.
- Minimum age limit is 17 years whereas maximum age limit is between 22-25 years.
- Some universities take admission on the basis of entrance examination and personal interview.
- But some universities take admission on merit basis as well.
- Some of best college in NCR and Noida region are- Amity university, Patronage institute, etc.
It is defined as the educational programs which does not involve many technical subjects and oriented in more conceptual learning process. There are many diverse field and job categories which need a different skill-set than technical knowledge like Management, Finance, Medicine, law, Design, education, etc. these subjects need more of a theoretical knowledge than practical one.
Indian Institute of Management Ahmadabad and Bangalore are one of the Top Management Colleges In India. Patronage IMT, etc., are top private institution in NCR region.
As an academic discipline, there are some important degrees in management like MBA (Master of Business Administration) and MPA (Master of Public Administration). Where you can start your career as Supervisors or front-line managers, Senior Managers and then gradually can lift to Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or President of an organization.
- At least 3-year Bachelor degree or equivalent in any stream with the minimum of 50% or equivalent marks for general category.
- In case of SC/ST or PWD (person with the disability), you need to acquire at least 45% or equivalent marks.
- Final year under-graduate student/equivalent qualification is also eligible.
- Have to clear management entrance exams i.e. CAT/XAT/CMAT/NMAT/MAT/ATMA to get admission in Management Colleges.
Medical-BDS (Bachelors in Dental Surgeon) and MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
A student with M.B.B.S degree receives the title of doctor and further can specialize in the various field of medicine by pursuing post-graduation degree. Upon finishing medical school, you can choose to work in hospitals, public health care or science institute. M.B.B.S is a bachelor degree in medicine and surgery with 5.5 years of duration.
- 10+2 pass out with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject and at least 60% marks aggregate.
- Should be 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Need to clear medical entrance examination, i.e. NEET.
Finance -B. Com (Bachelors of Commerce)/CA (Chartered Accountant)
- Minimum 10+2 pass out with Commerce and Mathematics subjects.
- Need to qualify CPT (Common Proficiency Test) for CA Program.
- Commerce graduate and post-graduate with minimum 55% can also apply.
- Other graduates/post-graduates with minimum 60% marks are also eligible for the CA.
- Minimum 40% marks in graduation in any stream for LLB Admission.
- For SC/ST candidate’s minimum marks required in graduation is 35%.
- Some universities and institutes who give an extra 2% marks for post-graduate students.
- Some universities conduct entrance tests like CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) and LAWCET (Law Common Entrance Test) for admission in their L.L.B and L.L.M programs.
- For B.Ed. the degree you at least need to have bachelors in Arts/Science/Commerce with minimum 50% marks.
- Students need to give entrance test conducted by universities and various educational bodies conducted generally in the month of June-July.